Top Five Mood Boosting Activities You Can Do On Your Sofa
by Gael Woods on Tuesday, June 06, 2017
It sounds like a joke, doesn’t it? You rarely hear the words ‘mood-boosting’ and ‘sofa’ together, but after a long hard day, too many of us collapse onto our sofas, exhausted or in a bad mood from whatever stresses our busy day has handed us.
If you’re like me, once you’re down, the chances of you getting up are slim. So let’s take a look at some easy and quick things we can do to revive ourselves.
- Put on some upbeat music. Nothing lifts a bad mood as fast as hearing Pharrell’s ‘Happy” blasting through your speakers. Whatever kind of music that lifts you up will do!
- Get in touch with your inner flexible child and try out some couch-friendly yoga like a good arm stretch. Moving your body is proven to improve your mood.
- Laugh and smile. It sounds cliché, but a good chuckle can really lift your spirits. Find your funny bone and expose it to as many YouTube videos about cats, babies, cats and babies, babies with cats and dogs and anything else that will leave you clutching your sides and gasping for air.
- Let it out. Sometimes it’s as simple as recapping your frustrations to a loved one. Talk it out and then, let it go!
- Open up your curtains and windows, let the sun in and count your blessings. Often we are focused on the negatives in our lives. Retrain your mind to look for the positives and contemplate about all the things in your life that you are blessed with.
So just remember the next time you’re slumped on your sofa, cursing the TV for flooding your screen with reality shows; there are so many other options that you can choose from that will leave you feeling great!