Picking the Best for You
by Lisa Poole on Monday, February 01, 2016
EENIE, MEENIE, MINEY, MO,….. PICK A MASSAGE THERAPIST THAT WORKS FOR YOU.
You want to get a massage. You have been stressed out lately and your neck and shoulders are killing you. You go online searching for a massage. You find my website and see lots of great reviews on Yelp and Google Plus and think you might want to come here.
I want to help you make the right decision. No one wants to waste their time and money. If you have something specific in mind it may be hard to decide from a website if what you see is really what you get. So let me tell you what you will NOT find at Peaceful Strength Massage Therapy.
If you are looking for a special pamper me day, I may not be the massage therapist for you.
I am not a spa (I sublet my massage room in another businesses office).
I do not offer spa services.
You will not be given a fluffy robe to change into and then wait in the “relaxation room” drinking cucumber water or funny smelling herbal tea.
There are no scrubs, mud baths or saunas and showers.
I do not offer hot stones or couples massage. I do not charge you a different price for a different style of massage.
I will NOT hurt you. There will never be a massage given where you will be told that the pain today will make you feel better tomorrow.
I am a sole proprietor; owner and therapist. I can take a maximum of 5 clients a day (generally only 4), that limits your opportunity to book last minute appointments. I do not work weekends.
No Spa Here
If you are looking for a great massage that will help with your aches, pains, and stresses I can provide those services. If you are looking for a massage therapist who has taken their education seriously and continuously reads new information and findings on massage and health, I am that therapist. I do not offer a one size fits all massage. You pay for my service according to time. Each massage, each appointment is for the individual and their needs of the day. Every massage uses a variety of massage techniques that I have been trained in. I offer day and evening appointments. My office is easy to get to with plenty of off-street parking.
I believe a good massage is more about the therapist and the relationship you build with them than about the building, the smelly oils, the candles and the fancy titled serviced offered. If good physical and mental health is a priority for you give Peaceful Strength Massage Therapy a try.
• I have been married to my high school sweetheart for 30 years.
• I have 2 young adult boys.
• I used to work for a health insurance company in the cubical farm.
• I wish I could afford to be a perpetual student. I would take classes in everything from art to zoology.
• I have undiagnosed A.D.D. ……look a squirrel.
• I love music.
• I love to dance.
• In my 20s I worked as a portrait photographer and love to take pictures still.
• My family is the most important thing to me.
• I love my dog and miss him terribly.
• I only like my cats because well they are cats and they are hard to love. It is their attitude.
• I changed careers at 44. You are never too old to find what you are truly meant to do. For me massage is my calling.
• I used to follow politics very seriously. I am now older and a cynic and find it all so sad and disappointing.
• I exercise almost daily. I believe it is very important in maintaining good health.
• I love to eat. I hate to shop thus I exercise. If I ate without exercising I would have to shop for new clothes and that would be bad.
• I have an artificial hip.
• The older I get the younger 70 is.
• My favorite movies are Casablanca, Pulp Fiction, Gladiator and Toy Story.
• Growing flowers and playing in the dirt is like meditation for me.
• I love the sun and summer. I would love to live in a climate where the weather is warm all year and yet I would miss the change of seasons. Nothing beats what New England offers: beach, mountains, and cities. Oh, and New Englanders attitude is the best!!!